Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Breaded Chicken Breasts With Vegetables

My family doesn't like to eat lots of meat. We have little portion to give us just enough protein, and chicken breasts are our favorite meat.

Below is my lightly breaded chicken breast, with different colors of sweet peppers and purple onion. I like to have rainbow colors of vegetables for my dinner.


Gather your ingredients

  • Boneless, and skinless chicken breasts (one for each person)
  • 1 small sweet yellow pepper (cut all the peppers into strips)
  • 1 small sweet red pepper
  • 1 small sweet green pepper
  • 1 small purple onion (cut it in rounds)
  • Salt and black pepper
Cooking The Chicken Breasts

  • In a small Ziplock bag, mix together enough all purpose flour to cover your chicken pieces, salt, black pepper, dried basil, dried chopped onion, garlic powder, with about a teaspoon of tapioca starch.
  • Coat your chicken breast pieces well. In a frying pan heat up your cooking oil on medium low heat, about 2 tablespoons, just enough to cook the chicken, not deep fried them. Cover the chicken breasts to keep the moisture in.
  • Flip the chicken breasts to the other side, add more oil if need it, and continue frying until they are cooked.

In a different pan, stir fry your sweet red, yellow, green pepper, and purple onion until tender. Set aside.


You can serve this dish with hot white rice, bake potatoes, or whatever your family likes to eat. Slice your chicken breasts into one inch strips before plating them.

Tips
  • Affordable dinner
  • Light and healthy meal
  • Substitute chicken breasts for pork chops, or fish fillets

Feast your eyes on other dishes at, Food Trip Friday, Foodie Friday and Food on Fridays!

Thanks for being here!


11 comments:

  1. we don't eat alot of meat either and this looks so good. yum. got to make it. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the veggeis. The colors add more yummyniess to the already yummy chicken!
    Thanks for joining and Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish my family would eat more red pepper, including myself. Your dish looks very pretty too. Happy FF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same thing- small portions of meat. I can't believe that I used to have to sit down at family dinners and eat giant hunks of meat! Times have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at all that lovely color! Delish!!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow the colors are so vivid.
    Truly yummy!

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors in this meal are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you everyone for taking time to comment.

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover