Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sparkle in the Snow

This is the second set continuing from the fence post last week. I saw this shadow at the corner of our garage and the neighbor's yard. The sun was out that day, and most of the snow had melted, leaving a few spots of icy on the driveway.


I'm not an experience photographer, so I tried my best to capture the sparkling ice patch with the shadow of the fence and branches. If the weather was warmer, I would have spent more time outside trying to snap the best ones, but it was below zero with the bitter wind cutting right through my three layers of clothes.


I enjoy looking for shadow since through it I am able to see something else. Sometimes it is pretty, while other times, it makes no sense.

Thanks for being here!


12 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job! I admire anybody who can be outside for any period of time in those crazy cold temps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rough edges of these compositions, especially the first...I feel your cold here in Iowa too...we can share our pain and anxiety for Spring...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are lovely photos, I love the way the snow is sparkling

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice! Very interesting! Good job. I wanted sunshine today but I'm looking out at thick, gray clouds. No shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shadow shots! And it does look cold!! Have a great day and stay warm!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice shadow shots ... great black and whites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fence patterns are interesting subjects, great shadow shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are really nice, looks like it was cold out there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. When snow melts, it become icy rough surface. Your shots looks like a rough glass?

    Great shots!

    Happy SS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just now catching up on responding to comments. Sorry about that. Your flowers are very pretty. But I'm glad I'm late because I really like the shadows in the ice. Those are captivating pictures. I really enjoyed them. Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the intricacy of the overlapping shadows. But they ar sinister looking, too.

    Cheers!
    JzB

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover