Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pretty Little Flowers

This post is dedicated to the wonderful group of bloggers at Pink Saturday, hosted by Beverly. The process of this meme is different than other memes that I have joined. It is a bit more private, but is so worth to be a part of this group.

My first entry last weekend was very warmly received. Even in my wildest dream, I thought the most I would receive is 10 comments, but I was wrong. So thank you Pink Saturday bloggers for welcoming me into this group, and a big thanks to Beverly who organized such a wonderful supportive circle.


When I saw these flowers, they took my breath away. The flower stalk looked so delicate, but could hold up to four or five flowers, and of course my thought was perfect for Pink Saturday post.


We are in winter, and under a blanket of snow. These beautiful pink flowers were at a Conservatory that I visited. I wish I had a better camera to zoom in to the fascinating middle of these three petal leaves.


I don't know what these little beautiful flowers are called, but I am sure some one in the Pink Saturday group would know.

My last week entry was identified as Aechmea Fasciata, by G at Doves Today. This will also serve as a new site I have visited.

Thanks again to everyone who visited and commented to make sure I'm welcomed.





MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

13 comments:

  1. Hi, Mumsy,

    thanks for crediting me with the identification of the achmea. These flowers look to me like they might be in the euphorbia family, but I'd have to go do some research to be sure.

    They are pretty, though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know the name of this flower either but it is a pretty one.

    Wishing you a happy pink saturday and a lovely week.

    ciao for now,
    Elena :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos of those gorgeous flowers are wonderful. I'm sorry I can't help you identify them. I hope you have a wonderful Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea what they're called, but they're beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOw small are they? I imagine them to be very very small. :-) I guess when all you see is white, seeing a color ( and in this instance pink) is very refreshing.

    Happy Pink Saturday!

    Mizpah,
    Li

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am not sure about the name of the flower. It is a very pretty one and made for a great showing on today's Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your post looks like pink perfection, Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  8. ♫Happy Pink Saturday♫

    Gloomy and gray over in my neck of the woods today so all of the pinks shared this Saturday are so special and cheerful. They remind me that there are more colors than just white, gray and black.Your pinks are wonderful! My goodness - so special☺ You just reminded me that flowers DO bloom in Michigan☺

    I hope your weekend is filled with sunshine surrounded by the laugher of those you love.

    Please pray for the people of Haiti. May God bless each and every soul.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What BEAUTIFUL flowers... and they for sure brightened my rainy day!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog today!
    Happy Pink Saturday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Overcast here in DC today too so all of the pink has brightened my day. Your flowers are delightful. Thanks for sharing them with us for Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. HI Mumsy.
    I think your pictures of the flowers are wonderful..you're very good with a camera,and I love the beautiful flowers you've captured. Happy Pinks..hope your weekend is a lovely one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Pink Saturday! In Illinois we are seeing gray days, so this post of Pink flowers actually brightened the day for me. Nice job on the image.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful flowers!

    Thank-you so much for stopping by! Love new friends!

    love,kelee

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover