Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pinkly Impatiens

These beautiful pink impatiens flowers were taken in the summer, where my world was in colors. At the moment, my area shows nothing but gray sky and white snow.

If you could tolerate the freezing temperature, of course you would have plenty of wintery beautiful things to take pictures, such as icicles, frozen lakes, snowy hills, etc..I'm on the other hand, hibernating for now.


Looking through my archives, I found this fantastic pink color of impatiens flowers. Once, a friend told me that my computer must smell like flowers, and I have to agree to his notion. I have too many pictures on my hard drive, which I should find a better solution to keep them soon.


My favorite thing to do when I am taking pictures is to use my macro function. I find that with close-up pictures I have more appreciation for all the details in the subject that I captured. Macro photos give a sense of marvel, awe struck and speechless at times.


There are some flowers that I came to love after I see them in macro, and these impatiens flowers were one of them. I finally noticed their heart shape petals for the first time after loading the pictures up. I guess if we take time to look, there is always something new to learn.





MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

17 comments:

  1. What a wonderful Pink Saturday post! I just ♥ the fact that each of us shares such a variety of items - that's one reason why this event is never boring. Always something fun, new, lovely or interesting around the corner.

    Loads of flowers popping up today. Makes me anxious for spring!

    Thanks for sharing a part of yourself today☺ Cold, gloomy day today but, as always, bright and sunny on the Pink Saturday blogs.

    ♫Wishing you sunshine and happiness this weekend!♫

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I love impatiens.
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flowers and a gorgeous hue of pink, Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Your flower photos amaze me every time - beautiful color and composition!
    With Pink wishes for Happy Pink Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photography. I know I have that macro thing on my camera...perhaps I should get out the book and learn to use it! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely post! You've become quite expert with your macro function. The color of your impatiens is almost riveting - truly wonderful. Thanks so much for your reference to my blog. It is really appreciated. Have a wonderful Pink Saturday. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait for Spring for all the beautiful blooms!It will be so nice not to have all the world looking bleak and dreary! Thank you for sharing such wonderful Pink blooms! It is nice to have the beautiful pictures to look forward to the beautiful Pinks of Spring.

    Happy Pink Saturday!
    Have A Great Day!

    Jennifer
    Livin' With Hoosiers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love pink impatiens. My gardens are full of them in the warm weather. It is amazing how hardy they are. Great pictures. Thank you for sharing and visiting me.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely! I love the pink veins in the leaves . . . not sure I would have noticed that without your wonderful photography. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Impatiens are so pretty. Love the pink of those. It seems that in our tropical Florida paradise Old Man Winter did his best to kill our lovely plants. But hope springs eternal!

    Happy Pink Saturday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the macro too!

    Beautiful shots!

    HPS!

    love, kelee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photos are so delicate and striking.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love using macro, too! Your impatiens are lovely - I can't wait until spring when I can plant some in pots again. Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely photos of the Pink flowers. It reminds me of spring that will be here soon. Happy Pink Saturday to you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are lovely, simple and colorful beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  16. ENJOY all the PINK!
    ~ Jany ~
    Don't forget to "Look in the Nook"

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's neat how you noticed the Impatiens petals are heart-shaped. I never noticed that before.
    Happy Pink Saturday~

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover