Please update this blog URL to:
Thank you so very much!!!

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Bandana Lantana

These beautiful pink lantana flowers were found in the summer at a local nursery! They came in all sort of colors, but today I will only show the pink ones.


At first, I wasn't impressed with these flowers at all. I knew they were pretty, and very colorful, but I was looking for more exotic or unique flowers to shoot on that day.


However, after seeing a few frames of these lantana flowers in my camera, I felt in love with these little blooms. The pink color in particular was quite attractive to me.


Then I remembered as a kid, my friends and I used to pick each little flower and sucked its nectar from the root. This was one of those great memories as a child I had.


I hope to grow these flowers in the coming warm months. As I understand, this plant will continue to bloom throughout the summer, which will keep a very colorful garden for me.

This week, I want to introduce you to LemonyRenee at Of Lemon and Honey. Her last pink post was fantastically fun, and her blog is a joy to visit.

Thanks for being here!


17 comments:

  1. Happy Pink Saturday! We are experiencing gray days with frigid weather in the Chicagoland area so these Pink flowers you posted brought a smile to my face. ta ta for now
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty pink Lantana and great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Lantana and I love these photos. Since there is now a foot of snow outside my windows I long for blooming flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These little pink flowers are a joy indeed and so lovely. Sweet memory you have. Glad you came full circle to love them again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty blooms, Happy Pink Saturday, Char

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely lantana.
    Happy PS! Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BEAUTIFUL share today! and what a sweet memory with the flowers.. I will look for them this summer!
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This IS a beautiful flower! I planted one last summer and it bloomed all the way up until our first frost. The blooms started out pink, but as they aged they turned different colors. I sometimes had a pink flower and an orange one on the same plant.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's always so much fun for me to travel from blog to blog on Pink Saturday. Each and every entry is different and each and every one makes me smile and feel all pink from the inside out☺

    Today, 'tis cold up here, near zero, so I need all the little pink rays of sunshine I can gather 'round and your blog certainly has helped to warm my pinkie ♥.

    Thanks so much for sharing this week. Your blog is wonderful and filled with so much to see and to read!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Mumsey..Your flower pictures are wonderful. I love the pink with the cream color mixed in..what a wonderful flower. Happy Pinks..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty flowers, I am sure they will make for a very cheerful garden. Come spring, come.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is the second Saturday I've included lantana in my post so you know I enjoyed seeing your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the Pink blooms! I can't wait for Spring! Thank You for sharing your Pink!

    Have A Great Day!
    Happy Pink Saturday!

    Jennifer
    Livin' With Hoosiers

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Pink Saturday!


    These flowers are lovely!


    ~ Gabriela ~

    ReplyDelete
  16. great shots. i especially like the first one.

    ReplyDelete

I promise to visit you soon! But if your profile isn't public, and if you use GOOGLE+ comment form, I won't be able to return comment!

***LINK IN COMMENT WON'T BE PUBLISHED!!!***

I write what I feel, how I feel and whatever I like at the moment

MAKE IT BETTER!

Total Pageviews

  © Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Pin It button on image hover